Monday 30 December 2013

100 - Branding and Identity

Branding and Identity.
As I am creating a brand for my stationery shop, I want to look at branding and how it effects people and the way they see a brand.
Source
This brand is definitely targeted towards men, it has a very basic colour palette, using only black and stock. Although I find this design a very high quality considering its production was probably relatively cheap, but this shows if a brand is designed well, it can look quality and clean.
Source
La Charcuterie is something quite unique, I have never seen anything like this before, I think this is one of the reasons why it is so effective. Using meat such as salami as they background behind their logo is really clever as it is the kind of thing that stays with you, as it is different and weird in a way. Although the colour might not be consistent they still work well as a brand because of the concept and idea behind the logo and the brand.

Source
It is very clear that this is a brand, you could never mistake that as the colours throughout the branding are consistent, the shapes created on each of the items are very similar too. I think that the this branding had a very high budget, I think this because it all looks quite quality, and there is a lot of it. They have produced a lot of different things for this brand, some of which I don't think is necessary. This is something else that I will consider when I am creating my brand, I don't want to make loads of things that are irrelevant just for the sake of it, I will only design things that I think my company will need.

Source
What I find so interesting about this example of branding and identity is that the logo is actually different each time, but they are also very similar in the way that they have been produced, and even though they are not the same they still work as a logo and a brand. The tone of voice for this is very professional you can see this on the quality of the stock and the prints that have been used on the business cards, the subtle shade of blue on the brown stock works really well with the illustrations used in the logos.

Source
The branding used in this is very subtle and minimal, using only shapes and colours to create this brand shows that you don't need to have massive illustrations of completely litter your brand with colours. The tone of voice for this is quite serious, and not very playful. It has a letterhead, business card, envelop, pencil, rubber and badges. This to me looks better than a brand with lots of random things that aren't needed but just used to fill space.

Source
This is an amazing piece of branding and identity for a business, it is sharing the personality of the business through the illustration used on the everything. Whats good about this is that the illustrations are the same type of thing but shown from different angles and sizes. This makes each of the items individual and makes them their own, rather than it just being the same hing across the whole brand. What makes this band unique is the colours used, the colours and playfulness of the illustration on everything project the tone of voice of the business.
Source
This branding is different to the rest as it is the stock that is consistent throughout everything, and the illustrations that have been printed as a background on the stock. Also whats good about this is the cream details and finishes used in the branding, even the cream string holding the pack together. The branding is appropriate for the target audience too as it is very professional produced to a high quality, therefore I think that budget for this branding will be quite high.

Source
Having consistent colours through the branding I think is one of the most important things about branding. Something that I like about this branding as well as the colours and shapes used, is the envelope, it is quite simple with a small amount of the shapes and colours on it, but it also uses the colour on the back of the envelope on the fold. This is something that will influence my work, as I will try and see if something would look just as good on the back of the design for my envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment